What are the objectives?
Purpose: Improving the social and emotional wellbeing of Victorians
Facts: At least *45% of us will experience a mental illness during our lives and at least **20% of adults are affected by mental illness every year.
Approach / Interventions / Outcomes:
State Trustees are seeking submissions that:
- Destigmatise mental ill‐health
- Support advocacy and education campaigns
- Have a prevention rather than crisis-response focus
- Are innovative and take a systems view
- Treat integration and normalisation of mental health as central elements of other service systems
- Promote cross‐sector collaboration
- Provide an evidence base that interventions/preventions are effective
We are especially interested to support organisations that will widely promote across the community the importance of emotional wellbeing.
*Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, National Survey of Mental Health and Wellbeing 2007
** ABS National Health Survey 2017-18
Current Recipient (FY22-FY24)
Organisation: Youth Live4Life Limited
Project: Live4Life – Improving young people’s mental health in rural and regional Victoria
Through a place-based approach, Youth Live4Life works with local government organisations, community and health services, and all local secondary schools to
implement the Live4Life model in rural and regional areas.
Live4Life is a long-term prevention approach and works in conjunction with other suicide prevention strategies to:
• increase young people’s knowledge of mental health;
• reduce barriers to seeking help for emerging and existing mental health issues;
• increase awareness of local professional help;
• decrease stigma, and build community resilience and capacity to address common mental health problems;
Youth Live4Life seeks to change the narrative around mental health right across rural and regional Victoria, sparking a state-wide movement raising awareness and reducing stigma.
|FY20-FY21||Phoenix Australia Centre for Posttraumatic Mental Health Inc||‘Promoting Resilience and Recovery in Regional and Rural Victoria’ – Expansion|
|FY19||Smiling Mind||Improving the accessibility of the Smiling Mind app to better provide support to those who need it most|
We're here to help you every step of the way
Give us a call at 1300 138 672 or fill in the form to enquire about our services