Community Inclusion will distribute funds for projects that are encouraging social inclusion and social participation for people with disability.
In 2021, the Community Inclusion grant round will distribute up to $220,000.
Community Inclusion Grant Round
Type of Grant Round: Open application
Grant Round Dates: Monday 1 February 2021, 9am to Friday 26 February 2021, 5pm
What are the objectives?
To provide opportunities for social inclusion and social participation for people with disability in Victoria. These objectives are informed by guiding principle no. 3 of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD): ‘Full and effective participation and inclusion in society’ (CRPD 2007).
Projects may include:
- Community awareness, education and engagement programs to promote social inclusion and address direct and indirect discrimination
- Promoting participation in cultural life
- Programs to support social participation, to reduce social isolation and improve wellbeing and quality of life
- Provision of workforce and training opportunities
Preference will be given to projects that:
- Provide an integrated solution to social inclusion and social participation
- Show social innovation, which can be interpreted as ‘novel solutions to a social problem that is more effective, efficient, sustainable, or just than existing solutions’ (Phills, Deiglmeier & Miller 2008).
- Are from smaller community-led organisations
- Are Victorian based
We encourage regional, rural, and remote organisations to apply and special consideration will be given for these applications.
Who is eligible to apply?
An eligible entity is endorsed as item 1 Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) and registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC), with charity tax concessions.
Community Inclusion Recipients FY2020
|Guide Dogs Victoria||Access and inclusion campaign for people with low vision or blindness.||$25,000|
|Bellarine Community Health||‘My Story’ a personalised intake for people with intellectual disabilities in Dental services||$24,536|
|Footscray Community Arts Centre||Creative Access.||$20,000|
|Summer Foundation||Storytellers with lived experience strengthening opportunities for people with disability to live independently.||$25,000|
|Scope||Football for All.||$25,000|
|Pines Learning||Cyber Safety.||$12,900|
|Migrant Resource Centre North West Region Inc.||Self-Advocacy, your life your way.||$25,000|
|The Onemda Association||Leaping towards a brighter future.||$23,934|
|Inclusion Melbourne||Increasing the access, social inclusion and participation of CALD people with intellectual disability.||$23,900|
|Arts Centre Melbourne||PARKED – Arts Centre Melbourne’s first-ever inclusive arts commission.||$25,000|
|Council on the Ageing (Victoria)||Assistive Technology For All .||$25,000|