What is Personal Financial Administration?
Sometimes people need help with their financial and legal affairs. This can include:
- managing your everyday finances
- making sure you are getting everything you are entitled to
- working with you to solve a legal issue.
We support people who are not able to manage their own financial and legal affairs because of disability, illness or injury. We provide personal and ongoing support based on what you need.
“It’s a load off your shoulders. Things like utilities are sent there and they are paid. Making decisions about bills is hard work, especially when you have a mental illness.” – Fran
We have been providing financial administration to people who need support for decades. We currently help over 9,500 Victorians with their everyday financial and legal matters.
How we become your administrator
The Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) can appoint us to manage and protect your financial affairs.
A person, such as a family member, friend or carer, can apply to VCAT for you. They will need to show that you are not able to manage your finances or legal issues on your own and need some help.
People might ask VCAT for help when:
- you have a change in your life that means you need someone to help manage your finances and any legal issues
- they think another person is mistreating you, such as taking your money.
After VCAT receives an application, they hold a hearing. At the hearing, people will present information about why you need to have someone look after your financial and legal affairs.
Once VCAT have made their decision, they will try to find a family member or friend to look after your finances and legal issues. If VCAT can’t find anyone that is suitable, they will appoint us as your administrator.
What we do as your administrator
As your administrator, we are responsible for managing your financial affairs, protecting your legal interests, and collecting any benefits you receive.
This means that our team will:
- identify and collect any income you are due, including income from sources such as pensions
- contact anyone who owes you money and try to get them to repay their debt
- manage your everyday banking and organise money for your personal expenses
- manage your assets and investments
- keep accurate records of your finances
- organise to pay your bills and everyday living expenses
- insure your property and pay expenses, such as rates, if you own your own home
- investigate and try to solve any legal issues.
What do we charge for this service?
We charge fees for our financial administration. You will pay fees for the services you use directly to us. Click the link below to view a full list of what we charge for our services.
We're here to help you every step of the way
Give us a call at 1300 138 672 or fill in the form to enquire about our services