Who should I choose as my executor?
Who you choose as executor is important. You can choose a person or an organization like State Trustees to carry out your wishes. The role of an executor is a big job, so ensure they are aware and willing to do so before nominating them.
Your executor will need to:
- identify all your assets and debts
- apply for probate
- protect your assets
- arrange conveyancing – this transfers ownership of your property to your beneficiaries
- prepare tax returns for you and your estate
- defend your estate from any legal claims
- try to resolve any disputes between beneficiaries
- distribute your assets
Back to wills page
We're here to help you every step of the way
Give us a call at 1300 138 672 or fill in the form to enquire about our services