As Victoria’s leading estate administrator, we can help in two ways: manage an estate on your behalf or complete tasks for you.
For peace of mind, we act impartially and in the best interests of the estate at all times.
Deceased Estate Administration
Convenient end-to-end estate administration
- For executors who do not wish to remain in the role or where someone has died without a will
- We take on full legal liability and responsibility for administering the estate
- Services include arranging funeral and burial, obtaining death certificate, organising probate, managing assets, preparing tax returns, distributing estate to beneficiaries and managing conflict
- Fees charged to the estate for complete administration
- Peace of mind that the experts are taking care of everything
Help with specific estate tasks
- For executors who wish to remain in the role but need help with specific estate tasks
- We perform certain tasks on behalf of the executor who retains the legal responsibility for the estate
- Select one or more services such as obtaining probate, property services, genealogy services to locate beneficiaries, tax advice and preparing returns, legal services
- Fees are charged to the executor for the service(s) selected
- Assistance where the executor is unsure or inexperienced
- Our fee for a standard application for a grant of probate starts from $2,200 including GST*. Fees for any other services after a grant of probate is obtained are additional.
*The fee is based on a standard application for a grant of probate. For an application for a grant of letters of administration and a complex probate application requiring additional affidavits, an additional fee of $1,450 including GST will apply. For more information about what constitutes a complex probate application contact State Trustees on 03 9667 6444 or 1300 138 672 (outside Melbourne).