What are Executor Services?
The role of an executor
An executor is reponsible for ensuring someone’s final wishes are carried out.
Being an executor often means having to make some tough decisions. It helps to have some experience in finance, business or law.
As Victoria’s leading estate administrator, we can help in two ways: manage an estate on your behalf or complete tasks for you.
For peace of mind, we act impartially and in the best interests of the estate at all times.
Let’s consider the two ways we can help you:
Deceased Estate Administration (convenient end-to-end administration)
- For executors who do not wish to remain in the role or where someone has died without a Will.
- We take on full legal liability and responsibility for administering the estate.
- Services include arranging funeral and burial, obtaining the death certificate, organising probate, managing assets, preparing tax returns, distributing estate to beneficiaries and managing conflict.
- Fees charged to the estate for complete administration.
- Peace of mind that the experts are taking care of everything.
Executor Assist (help with specific estate tasks)
- For executors who wish to remain in the role but need help with specific estate tasks.
- We perform certain tasks on behalf of the executor who retains the legal responsibility for the estate.
- Select one or more services such as obtaining probate, property services, genealogy services to locate beneficiaries, tax advice and preparing returns, and legal services.
- Fees are charged to the executor for the service(s) selected.
- Assistance where the executor is unsure or inexperienced.
- Our fee for a standard application for Grant of Probate starts from $2,200 including GST*. Fees for any other services after a Grant of Probate is obtained are additional.
*The fee is based on a standard application for a grant of probate. For an application for a grant of letters of administration and a complex probate application requiring additional affidavits, an additional fee of $1,450 including GST will apply. For more information about what constitutes a complex probate application contact State Trustees on 03 9667 6444 or 1300 138 672 (outside Melbourne).
Enquire now to receive obligation-free advice about how we can help you.
We're here to help you every step of the way
Give us a call at 1300 138 672 or fill in the form to enquire about our services