A trustee has many duties and obligations which they need to perform, these include:
- act in the trust’s and beneficiaries’ best interests.
- identify and protect trust assets.
- provide outcomes that balance beneficiaries’ wishes with any rules or constraints contained in the trust authority (the will, trust deed or court order and the law).
- distribute trust assets in accordance with the trust authority.
- provide financial reporting on the trust’s assets and distributions.
- maintain records to show compliance with the trust authority and the law.
If you are an existing trustee and unable to continue to act or no longer wish to perform the duties required of the role, you may be able to transfer these responsibilities to State Trustees.
We can relieve you of the obligations of a trustee and assume responsibility for the trust.
Contact us to discuss your circumstances.
We're here to help you every step of the way
Give us a call at 1300 138 672 or fill in the form to enquire about our services