How do I support a person who needs Financial Administration?

15 November 2023

The Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) can appoint State Trustees to help someone as an administrator. For this to happen an application must be lodged and VCAT must be satisfied that the individual lacks decision-making capacity, an individual needs financial and legal support and there are no other suitable options such as family or friends or when all other options have failed. Prior to appointing State Trustees, VCAT will consider any investigation or recommendations made by State Trustees, The Office of the Public Advocate, medical professionals and the opinions of family, friends and primary carers regarding an individuals need for administration.    For more details on the VCAT process, contact us here

Aboriginal flag Torres Strait islander flag Pride flag
State Trustees Limited operates on the lands of Traditional Custodians. We acknowledge their history, culture and Elders past, present and emerging. State Trustees is committed to cultivating inclusive environments for staff and clients. We celebrate and value people of all backgrounds, genders, sexualities, cultures and abilities.

Original artwork ‘Four Sisters Coming Together’ by Melissa Bell 2023