State Trustees is committed to achieving and demonstrating the highest standards of corporate governance.
Our policies and procedures help guide our operations and help us make decisions in the best interests of our clients.
State Trustees’ core governance practices are consistent with the Victorian Public Sector Commission. State Trustees is a State Government owned company and operates as a corporation, registered with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). As a State Government Business Enterprise (GBE) and the holder of an Australian Financial Services License, the Company is required to comply with several key pieces of legislation:
- State Owned Enterprises Act 1992;
- State Trustees (State Owned Company) Act 1994;
- Guardianship and Administration Act 1986;
- Guardianship and Administration Act 2019;
- Trustee Companies Act 1984;
- Corporations Act 2001; and
- Financial Management Act 1994.
The State of Victoria is the sole shareholder of the Company. State Trustees reports to the Treasurer of Victoria, through the Victorian Department of Treasury and Finance.