Privacy Awareness Week
State Trustees is a proud partner of Privacy Awareness Week (PAW) 2015 being held from 3 to 9 May.
Privacy Awareness Week is an initiative of the Asia-Pacific Privacy Authorities, held every year to promote awareness of privacy issues and the importance of protecting personal information.
At State Trustees we believe it is of fundamental importance that people have confidence in the way organisations like ours deal with their personal information.
You can find out more about how we protect our clients’ privacy everyday on our website such as what sort of information we collect, how we collect information, how we use and disclose personal information, how you can access your personal information and how you can make a privacy complaint to us.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner has also developed resources to help you protect your own personal information
- Know your privacy rights
- Read privacy policies and notices
- Always ask why, how and who — this will help you to know how your personal information is going to be used
- Check your credit report
- Protect yourself online
- Be aware of your mobile security
- Use security software
- Be careful what you share on social media
- Don’t leave your personal information lying around — make sure your records are properly destroyed
- Beware of scams
More information on your privacy rights is available at www.oaic.gov.au/PAW
We're here to help you every step of the way
Give us a call at 1300 138 672 or fill in the form to enquire about our services