text size


When is the Power of Attorney kit unsuitable? When should I consider a face-to-face appointment?

If you have complex legal, medical or financial affairs, you should get professional estate planning or legal advice.

For example, you should ask for advice if:

  • you have problems filling out any part of the forms
  • you have a complex family situation, complex medical issues or complex financial arrangements (which could involve substantial assets or trusts)
  • who you are appointing as an attorney is likely to be challenged by others
  • you are worried about your capacity to appoint an attorney (if you don’t have capacity, you are not able to make decisions on your own)
  • you plan to use the power of attorney document outside of Australia, or in a different state or territory
  • the person using the kit is visually impaired or not able to read or write in English.

If any of these things apply to you, or you are not sure what to do, ask for help from an estate planning professional.

Let's Talk

We're here to help you every step of the way

Give us a call at 1300 138 672 or fill in the form to enquire about our services

  • *Denotes a required field
    Any personal information you submit will be handled in accordance with our Privacy Policy.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.