We can support you in your role as executor
You may feel honoured to have been nominated as executor in the will of someone close to you. However, it can also be a huge responsibility – one that comes at a time when you are grieving a personal loss.
If you wish to retain your role as executor, State Trustees can help with specific estate administration tasks.
Our experts can support you whether you’re at the start of the estate administration process or if you have already obtained a grant of probate.
State Trustees can be engaged on your behalf for tasks such as:
- applying for and obtaining a grant of probate
- taxation, including preparation of required returns and tax advice with respect to the deceased tax payer and the estate
- estate-related legal services
- property related services, such as managing the sale of property, and associated conveyancing
- administration services including selling and distributing assets
- genealogy services to locate any family members who have been left bequests in the will
State Trustees are the experts in all aspects of estate administration including dealing with legal and financial matters and administer more deceased estates than any other organisation in Victoria.
To better understand the complete role of an executor, download our executor checklist.
Assistance where there is no will
Where there is no will, State Trustees may be engaged to administer an intestate estate or assist the most entitled person of the estate to carry out specific tasks on their behalf.
Why should you consider State Trustees?
State Trustees has been administering deceased estates for decades so we’re experts in dealing with estates of varying levels of complexity. Our professionals provide unbiased service and trusted, individual care.
Every situation is unique and expert help can make a real difference.
You’re invited to contact State Trustees for an obligation-free discussion to gather advice on your role and to understand how our services can be of benefit.
Contact us on 03 9667 6444 or outside Melbourne, call 1300 138 672.