What is the State Trustees Australia Foundation?
State Trustees operates the State Trustees Australia Foundation, a perpetual Public Charitable Trust, which enables Victorians to support eligible charities in a flexible, tax effective way.
Founded by the Right Honourable Sir Zelman Cowen in 1994, the foundation supports charitable organisations that make a difference in the community.
How do I make a donation to the State Trustees Australia Foundation?
By creating a management account within the Foundation, donations can be made to specific causes such as medical research, the environment, the arts, animals or individuals with disabilities. You can name the account after your family, an organisation, or in memory of a loved one.
There are numerous benefits to making your perpetual donation through State Trustees Australia Foundation, including:
- You can make regular tax deductible donations
- You can establish a management account within the Foundation, so you don’t need to set up and administer your own private charitable trust
- Your initial donation continues to keep on giving, as the interest it earns is distributed to charities year after year
- Your donation has greater impact, as the Trustee can pool income from a number of sub-funds with the same charitable purpose
- The Foundation is managed by experts in investment, trusts and grant making.
What are the fees and charges?
State Trustees charges fees to establish and administer charitable trusts. For more information please see our Guide to Commissions, Fees and Charges.
How do I apply for a State Trustees Australia Foundation Grant?
If you would like to apply for a grant please complete and submit the State Trustees Australia Foundation Application Form.
How do I find out more?
To find out more about the State Trustees Australia Foundation, and how we can help you establish a management account, please call us on 03 9667 6782 to book an appointment.