Personal financial administration

Our duty to protect the community.

At times, individuals in our community need help with their everyday financial and legal affairs; this is where State Trustees can help. We provide personal and ongoing support tailored to the needs of individuals, who due to disability, illness or injury are unable to manage their own financial and legal affairs.

“It’s a load off your shoulders. Things like utilities are sent there and they are paid. Making decisions about bills is hard work, especially when you have a mental illness.” – Fran

State Trustees has been providing financial administration for decades. In fact, we currently help almost 9,000 Victorians with their everyday financial and legal matters.

State Trustees may be appointed by the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) to administer and protect your financial affairs. When VCAT appoints us, our role is to help you make the most of your income and protect your financial and legal interests. So you can have peace of mind that your ongoing and long term welfare is protected.

State Trustees as your administrator

When we have been appointed by VCAT to act as your administrator, our responsibility is to help provide you with financial security, help protect your legal interests, and collect all benefits entitled to you.

Our team of dedicated consultants will:

  • ensure your pension entitlements are collected
  • identify and collect any income you are entitled to, or income from other sources
  • contact anyone who owes you money and attempt for the debt to be recovered
  • manage your everyday banking needs and arrange funds for your personal expenses
  • manage your assets and investments
  • maintain accurate records of your finances
  • contact your creditors and arrange repayment of any outstanding debts you might have
  • arrange payment of your bills and everyday living expenses with various companies
  • ensure your property is insured and all relevant expenses, such as rates, are paid if you own your own home
  • investigate and attempt to resolve any unsettled legal issues.

What do we charge for this service?

State Trustees charges fees for administering your affairs. You can find the details of our fees here.